Welcome to my greatest passion in life, BOOKS! Come on in kick off your shoes, grab a cup of tea [Java] and join me while I discuss my life and books that I read, authors I love or dislike, post reviews, ask for your opinions, just chat about stuff, and maybe swap a book or two.

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Advise and a Weird New Kind of Bookshelf

Some good advise? Take it or leave it, but remember that most of it is quite true and could make you a happier person from this day forward!

  • Your career is not nearly as important as your life. Don't sacrifice the latter for the former.
  • Hug your Mom. Someday she'll be very old, very loving, very concerned, 1200 miles away, and too frail to travel. And someday after that, she'll be gone.
  • I think the best advice I have heard was to try to never let someone ruin your day by their actions.
  • Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. (Mark Twain)
  • Enjoy your kids now, but remember that your job is to make yourself unnecessary to them eventually so they can live their own life happily and independently.


An unusual bookshelf design and is one that you can "roll" up with a good book. Here’s a circular bookshelf by designer Zhdanova Irina. Her design also comes with a set of sofas that can be stored as a matching ring: Link - via Cribcandy and Yanko Design

No comments:

********Don't Miss Out on this Special Buy!

****"Welcome to my reading blog be sure to check out
my store for beautiful handmade items for the whole family and also "slightly used" treasures in "Treasures Again"